1.1.21 / new years resolutions + 2020 recap

20:52

 


hey everyone! happy new year! <3

todays post is, well, an obvious post, but first i have an apology to make:

i'm sorry i've disappeared from the blogging universe for a while, i 100% blame school. sadly, my winter break was cut short this schoolyear, because of online school. (my first day of break was last thursday, christmas eve.) we go back to school on monday, so i probably won't be able to post for a while again. i'm sorry i've been ia for so long, but this weekend i'll craft up a couple posts to schedule.

anyway, back to our regularly scheduled progamming!

today's post is a post i see lots of bloggers doing, which are new years resolutions and 2020 recaps. and because i'm not creative at all, i'm gonna be hopping on this bandwagon.

anyway, let's get started!



✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 2020 recap  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

2020 was. an eventful year, to say the least. i have to admit, it was a good year and a bad year. so much stuff happened, for better or for worse.

an example of a bad thing was that i got covid. luckily, it wasn't enough to put me in the hospital or anything, i was just tired all the time and coughing my lungs out for a little bit each day. (i got it from my dad, i promise i'm not irresponsible and i didnt go to any parties.) but an example of a good thing that happened was i got a partner! we've been together since march and sadly we can't see each other in person (they also live in canada right now), but we talk on discord and instagram all the time! :D 

some other things that happened in 2020 include- turning 16 (i'm Young), starting my sophomore year of high school, my freshman year of in-person high school getting cancelled, getting accepted into a super prestigious program at my school, shaving off all my hair (lowkey wanna do that again.. hmm..), struggled a bit with my mental health, did a lot of art, completed nanowrimo (which i will make a post all about my novel, dom't worry) and switched schools!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  now, for my resolutions!  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-start posting more on here
this one is self-explanatory.

-recover from my eating disorder + get treatment
this is probably going to be a tough one, i've been suffering with an eating disorder for about two years now (yikes :/) and it's been a long ride, and i want to make 2021 the year where i don't have to worry about weight gain and how many calories i've taken in.

-listen to more music/break out of my current taste
this one is a hard one too, because i Hate change (that's on the mental illness) but i wanna listen to more indie/kpop, right now i really only listen to my favorite playlist (which you can see here! )

-get more comfy in cosplay
i started cosplaying in 2020, and i spend too much time watching cosplay tiktoks on tiktok that i've adopted the habit of moving and grooving like a cosplayer.. it's bad, lol. right now i have a couple of plans for future cosplays. 

 


(^ from my most recent cosplay, i was ibuki mioda from the danganronpa series)

-get honor roll the rest of the 20/21 schoolyear and start the 21/22 schoolyear the same way
this one is also kind of self explanatory, lol.

-post on youtube more
for those who don't know, i made a youtube channel! i haven't posted on it yet, but when i get the chance to post, i'll 100% link it here.

-stay organized/get my life together
i have an Extremely bad habit of not staying organized, which i blame on my ADHD. so this is also going to be semi-hard, but i'll be making an attempt.

//

anyway, let's talk! what are some of your new years resolutions? how did your 2020 go?

stay cool,
-kenzie <3

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Aw, I've missed your posts.
    You got covid? Bleh, sorry about that. Are you better now?
    I've felt the same way about 2020. For me, it was a hard year, but it wasn't all bad! I got into new fandoms, so yay, I guess (but they're also kind of taking over my life).
    Your cosplay is so great!
    I wish you the best on all of your 2021 goals. I need to work on some of those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new year's resolutions. :)
    Your cosplays look amazing by the way, I love the horns.💙
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete

be kind is all i ask of you.